For our third Pinkorama, Christine brings you… the Vampeep.
As Christine puts it: What if Lucien really was a vampire and Sally stumbled upon his lair aka pound cake coffin?
Check out the shock and surprise on Sally’s face! (All drawn with toothpicks and food coloring. Pretty impressive, no?)
As an extra special bonus– and because Christine is beyond fabulous– she’s shared the recipe for Lucien’s coffin, er, pound cake.
Over to Christine for what she swears is her final Pink-related recipe…. (Say it’s not so!)
The pound cake recipe is taken from Sally’s Baking Addiction, but it’s not on her blog. It’s an exclusive that was published in People magazine, but she posted a photo of the magazine page and it’s slightly blurry but legible enough. The recipe also includes steps to make a glaze, but I skipped that part. What’s below is just the cake recipe.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 (I think) tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp orange zest
1/2 milk, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
3. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Beat eggs and vanilla into creamed mixture until combined.
5. Beat in orange juice and orange zest.
6. Slowly add flour mixture, alternating with milk, until combined.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I keep saying “this is my last recipe,” but I feel like I’m going to keep coming up with excuses to do more…
Yes! Yes! More excuses! Especially if excuses mean baked goods.
So many thanks to Christine for this beautiful– and tasty– Pink alternative history!