Not four shall you count…
… nor six, but five! Five things shall ye count!
Nope, it’s not the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, but a Q&A on Five Things About Lauren Willig on the blog of the wonderful Elizabeth Boyle, Regency authoress extraordinaire.
In the spirit of Elizabeth Boyle’s five questions, what are five quirky things you’d like people to know about you?
Quirky things, eh? Let’s see…
1) My elbows hyperextend quite far, which made hitting poses correctly in dance routines difficult.
2) I have no gag reflex. It’s great for parties- Sword-swallowing, anyone?
3)I can (and will) make song references out of everything you say. This one’s a family trait.
4) I hate pickles. I hate how they look, how they smell, how they taste. I won’t touch them, or even have a jar of them sitting near me on the table.
5) I work in a morgue, specifically the toxicology lab. So I run drug tests on body parts.
And that’s the quirkiest things I can think of! Can’t wait to see everyone else’s oddities.
1. When I saw Titanic for the first time, I tried to do that thing Rose does when she stands up on her toes and discovered I could do it.
2. I hate texting. A lot. So much so that I have it blocked from my phone, but I like buying phones with a QWERTY keyboard to use the calendar.
3. I really wish banks would have more convenient hours. I rarely get off work before 5 and sometimes I just don’t want to get out of bed on a Saturday to get there before noon.
4. I really love boy bands. When I was in college, I interned for a law firm that represented several of them. My job mostly involved things like filing but I really loved being in the filing room with all that stuff. The actual filing was not so fun.
5. I once met Olympic gymnast Dominique Dawes in Target. She was just doing some shopping on a Saturday night. I turned into a complete babbling idiot. She’s even more beautiful in person than she is in pictures.
1.I am addicted to reading. It’s literally an addiction b/c its not healthy. Over the summer, I read an average of 3 books a day. Did I mention that I read fast?
2. I don’t like the way metal feels on my skin. So, no jewelry or anything like that. Coins bother me.
3. I hate water on my face (I do manage to wash my face, but I really, really hate it).
4. I get cold really easily inside buildings, but I never get cold outside. Thus, I am more likely to wear a coat inside, rather than outside.
5. I was born on the thirteenth hour on Halloween. While I know that I had no control over this, I think it is pretty awesome. So there.
I want your life Jordan. You’re like a magical sword-swallowing CSI agent.
1) I have a geographic tongue, which means it has unusual lines and bumps like a map.
2) When my 1st grade class watched a fire safety film, I had this weird, out-of-body, flashback experience(complete with memories of choking on smoke and feeling flames lick at my skin) that was so overwhelming I became hysterical and was sent to the nurse’s office. I’m convinced that it was a past life regression and I died in a fire in a previous incarnation.
3) I am a wicked mimic, which got me into a lot of trouble in junior high (teachers don’t like it when you imitate them.) 🙂
4) I have an acute sense of smell. I can smell a glass of wine on someone two days after they drank it, I know if they smoke, if they have pets or children, and what they recently ate. No one can wear perfume, body spray, or lotion around me.
5) The only food I’m allergic to is pineapple and the one thing my mother ate to excess when she was pregnant with me was pineapple sherbet.
1) I have an identical twin roommate.And we’re old. 2)I grew up on a fake farm my mom stocked with real animals,inc. Canadian Geese. 3)I read a book a day since age 3. 4)I’m an actress in NYC. 5)I’m an actress who was in a bad car accident, so-I’m an amnesiac actress. Shhh! Don’t tell!
I’m going remain mysterious, except to say that I, too, love Vienna Teng. Passage devastates me every time I listen to it. This gifted artist should be more widely known and appreciated.
1)My birthday is 5 consecutive numbers:
Dec 3, 1945 or 12/3/45 (Pretty cosmic, huh?)
2)Being a die-hard fan of historical romances is quirky enough for my straight-laced family. They think I’ve gone off the deep end. (I’m old enough to do whatever I want and I won’t be shamed out of it!)
3)I have an uncanny skill at writing backwards and even upside-down very rapidly which bode me well as I was an intelligence analyst and had to plot aircraft movements on the reverse side of a plexiglass situation map in our “war room” in Vietnam.
4)I love the sensation of speed, especially accelerating. Thus I recklessly street-raced muscle cars on the public highways in California and have been up to 150 mph and am grateful to be alive. I also am a die-hard roller coaster fanatic.
5)I am also a published cartoonist and my creations are copy-righted under the name “Lo-Tek-Artoons.” My cartoon idols? Gary Larson (The Far Side) Don Martin (Mad Magazine) and Gahan Wilson (Playboy Magazine)
I am crazy about working the night shift, and the special camaraderie with my fellow night workers….I have an insanely large collection of rabbits,in materials almost unimaginable (coal, anyone?)…I actually enjoyed most of my time living in Saudi as it brought even closer as a family… The hobby I share with my husband is antique wooden boats…I still don’t know how to “copy and paste”
1 – I’m in my mid-20’s and am currently training to be a priest – I’ve been accepted as a candidate, so my diocese should ordain me once I’ve finished my studies (as long as I don’t do anything illegal in the meantime)
2 – I’m single… the whole ‘training to be a priest’ thing scares off men pretty fast. Expect for the weirdos who want to corrupt me
3 – My undergrad degree was in science. I think the only reason I was good at biology is because I love diagrams. A lot. I even like flow-charts
4 – I don’t like wearing shoes. I grew up in Central Queensland and spent most of my time barefoot. As soon as I’m comfortable in a place, I kick my shoes in a corner and only put them on when I leave. This includes university lecture rooms
5 – I love climbing trees. I climb them whenever I get a chance. Sometimes I take a book with me.
1-People who do not wash their hands creep me out and many times you just don’t know – do you?
2-To pluck my every last nerve and set me on edge there’s always a “buzz” or high pitched sound no one else ever seems to hear.
3-Despite what my daughter says- I am human and have a heart underneath my “Mom Armor”
4-Worf is H-O-T
5-CBS Sunday Morning’s “Moment of Nature” is a guilty pleasure
1) I sell furniture.. and i like it. Despite the fact i am in my mid 20’s and wish i was doing something else with my college degree. I do enjoy furniture.
2)I dislike cold water and ice. I have low blood pressure and i get cold super easy so i dont like cold things. yes most of the time that includes ice cream.
3)I cross stitch, quilt, knit. I spend most of my free time doing it and i am proud that i am good at it even if its an older person hobby most of the time.. (quilting not so sure yet i have only made one)
4)I love tv shows like House because he does these random social experiments. I like to observe peoples reactions to unusual situations. I love Bones because like her i often don’t get the intended humor and my mental filter has a tendency to malfunction.
5) I like horses.. I even play an online horse racing game. I have been playing for 13 years. Its simulated racing. I name my fake horses after books or characters. I Currently have fake horses name Pinchingdale, Vaughn, Black Tulip, and Blood Lilly.